Masters of the Renaissance: Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and more (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection) (CD-Audio)
Email or call for price.
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
- #68: Genius, Times Four: Scientists and Mathematicians Who Fought Disease, Stopped Time, and Opened New Worlds (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #68) (CD-Audio): $14.95
- #69: My Father's Dragon (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #69) (CD-Audio): $14.95
- #72: King Arthur and His Knights Bundle: Audiobook and Companion Reader (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #72) (Mixed media product): $34.90
- #73: American Tall Tales Bundle: Audiobook & Companion Reader (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #73) (Mixed media product): $34.90
- #74: Heroes, Horses, and Harvest Moons Bundle: Audiobook & Illustrated Reader (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #74) (Mixed media product): $36.90
In true stories as vivid as the colors in which they painted, Jim Weiss brings to life Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Brunelleschi, Donatello and other captivating characters.
Watch fierce Pope Julius II drive out invaders while supervising the painting of the Sisine Chapel, and dine in the palace of Lorenzo de Medici -swordsman, statesman and patron of the arts- as he faces treachery and turns war to peace.
About the Author
In 1989, Jim Weiss set out on a mission: to record the greatest stories he knew from world literature and history, and inspire families -- especially young listeners -- with a passionate love of the original classics. In the three decades since then, Jim's narration voice and seemingly numberless character voices have formed foundational entertainment and education for millions of listeners around the world.
Winning hundreds of awards, Jim’s recordings range on the literary side from fairy tales through stories from Shakespeare, Dickens and Conan Doyle, while his history recordings bring to vivid life major historical events and personalities from the ancient world through the twentieth century.
The inspiration for all this began early, with parents and grandparents who told stories and read aloud to him, skills which Jim joyously acquired, and which led him to a degree in Communications and Speech from the University of Wisconsin, Madison. Later, his wife, Randy, earned her own national awards as a teacher and counselor, and their shared passion for learning led to forming their company in 1989, long before the explosion of spoken word recordings made this a "sensible" decision. The recordings began winning listeners and national awards from the first. A few years ago, the Weiss's licensed their recordings and business operations to Well-Trained Mind Press, which has successfully introduced Jim's work into still more markets, while Jim continues to write, record, teach and perform.