Basic Soil Science for Successful Vegetable Gardening: 7 Simple Steps to Ensure Your Traditional, Raised-Bed, Container, or No-Till Garden Isn't a Wee (Hardcover)
Discover the science behind gardening that will revolutionize your approach and make growing vegetables easier and more enjoyable than ever before...
You've done everything right. You spent hours seeding, watering, and tending to your garden only to find that you end up with a dry, weed-filled patch of dirt.
Feeling like you've wasted your time is frustrating, especially when you don't know the reason why. It might seem like everyone else is able to conjure up a lush garden in no time, leaving you feeling lost and confused.
As easy as gardening may seem in theory, most people don't know much about the science behind it.
Why, for example, are you only supposed to water certain plants in certain amounts? Why does it matter what soil you're planting in?
These questions, and others, often leave new and amateur gardeners alike scratching their heads.
You may know what to do, but you don't know why.
Understanding what's really happening in the earth that you're so carefully tending to will change the way you think about gardening forever. No longer will you be trying methods randomly, hoping to hit on the right approach.
Drawing on years of research and hours of hands-on experience, Bruce McCord knows exactly what you need to do if you want to have the flourishing garden of your dreams.
He's compiled this knowledge into a comprehensive guide that will teach you all you need to know about soil science and how to make the most of your time in the garden.
In Basic Soil Science for Successful Vegetable Gardening, here is just a fraction of what you will discover:
- A simple, step-by-step method for planting and growing crops that even beginner gardeners will be able to follow
- How to identify when a plant is ready to be harvested - and the proper techniques to do so
- A breakdown of the different types of gardens with in-depth analysis of pros and cons so you can make the right choice depending on your needs
- The ins and outs of soil science and why you need to understand it in order to have a thriving garden
- How to correctly water your plants for maximum growth
- 7 common mistakes made by amateur gardeners and how to avoid them to save yourself time, effort, and money
- Everything you need to know about compost: how to make it, maintain it, and use it to improve your soil quality
- 5 basic soil tests you can do at home, no labs required
And much more.
Don't spend another season toiling away only to come up with a few scraggly plants and a lot of wasted time. By learning what's happening behind the scenes, you'll be able to make informed decisions that will have your garden thriving in no time.
You don't need expensive products or expert advice to become a gardening pro - you've got all the information you'll need right here
If you're ready to grow a bountiful harvest, then scroll up and click the "Add to Cart" button right now.