Book Signing with Brian Kilmeade!
The Newtown Bookshop presents New York Times bestselling author, Brian Kilmeade for an in-store signing of his new book, "The President and the Freedom Fighter: Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Douglass, and Their Battle to Save America's Soul".
Tuesday, December 14th 5:00 - 7:00pm
Get Your Tickets Below
(tickets are non-refundable and must create userid to check out)
“This compelling account of Lincoln and Douglass‘s friendship is the story of America itself – and shows how intertwined race is with our history. Kilmeade deftly understands that if we don’t acknowledge our complex past, we’ll never be the country we dream to be. Perfectly timed for this moment in history.”
–Brad Meltzer, author of The Lincoln Conspiracy
- The event for Brian Kilmeade will be ticketed – 1 ticket per person to include one copy of "The President and Freedom Fighter" and ONE person admitted to the signing line.
- Ticket cost is $29.68 (MUST PAY ONLINE)
- Everyone in line must have a confirmed ticket (your ticket is your confirmed order confirmation from the Newtown Bookshop), you will check in at the door and receive your copy(s) of the book.
- Only one book per person will be personalized. Any additional books you purchase will be signed but not personalized. Only 3 additional books per person.
- Only books purchased at the Newtown Bookshop will be signed.
- One photo per person is allowed
- Store will be closed during this time to the public. Only ticketed customers will be permitted instore.
- There will be a waiting line and you could possibly be standing for an hour or more. If you have an issue with this, please call the store so that we may accomodate you.
- We will send instructions to ticket holders of how the line will work as we get closer to the event date.
- Tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE
ABOUT THE BOOK
In THE PRESIDENT AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTER: Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Douglass, and Their Battle to Save America's Soul (Sentinel; on-sale 11/2/21), Brian Kilmeade, New York Times bestselling author, tells the little-known story of how two American heroes moved from strong disagreement to friendship, and in the process changed the entire course of history. Readers will come to discover:
- How the efforts of two determined men made the United States, the grand democratic experiment, live up to its ideals.
- The unlikely ascendance of two individuals with no formal education: Abraham Lincoln, white, born impoverished on a frontier farm, and Frederick Douglass, black, born in bondage, who risked his life escaping to freedom.
- The pressures Lincoln faced, knowing it was time for slavery to go, but believing rapid change could destroy the country, irreparably
- How Douglass’ unwavering opposition to slavery and impatience with Lincoln’s slow pace made him highly critical of the president’s actions
- How the two men’s beliefs and paths eventually converged, Lincoln finally acting to abolish slavery and Douglass eventually admitting the wisdom of Lincoln’s prudence
- How over the course of the Civil War, they’d endure bloodthirsty mobs, feverish conspiracies, devastating losses on the battlefield, and a growing firestorm of unrest that would culminate on the fields of Gettysburg.
Thanks to Kilmeade’s riveting storytelling, a new generation of readers will understand the relationship between these two transformational figures who believed in their nation’s greatness and together permanently ended slavery in the United States.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Brian Kilmeade is the author of Sam Houston & The Alamo Avengers, and co-author of George Washington's Secret Six, Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates, Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans, all New York Times bestsellers. Kilmeade co-hosts Fox News Channel's morning show Fox & Friends and hosts the daily national radio show The Brian Kilmeade Show. He lives on Long Island. The President and The Freedom Fighter is his seventh book.
One Ticket admits One person to the signing line along with One copy of "The President and the Freedom Fighter".
Additional Copies of 'The President and the Freedom Fighter" for the Brian Kilmeade Event on Dec 14th. Each customer is allowed to purchase three additional signed copies.
Please order these copies ahead of time so that we will have them available for you.