Hiring: Events and Marketing Manager
Newtown Bookshop, Newtown, PA
Newtown Bookshop is seeking a part-time Event and Marketing Manager who will be responsible for overseeing author events and marketing for our store. We host many events each year both in store and offsite and are looking for a person to manage these events and expand our offerings. We are looking for a highly organized and personable individual with great communication skills who can organize and promote author events to the public.
- Representing the Newtown Bookshop in store and at offsite events. Acting as a liaison between venues, authors, and publicists, as well as with event attendees and the general public. Speaking in front of large crowds to welcome the audience and introduce the author.
- Writing and submitting persuasive author event proposals to publishers.
- Evaluating event requests to determine which ones would be successful and determining the venue for each event.
- Working closely with publisher representatives and publicists to coordinate logistics and marketing our events.
- Working closely with local schools to place children’s authors for in school visits.
- Coordinating with offsite venues to schedule events and finalize logistics, rental fees, ticketing and other details.
- Leading large offsite events, including managing a team of staff, handling all logistics, and coordinating setup, breakdown, and transportation of books to events.
- Creating a monthly event order and working to return unsold books after the event.
- Creating print and digital marketing materials. Promoting events on our website and social media. Creating and maintaining a robust media list and sending press releases.
- Creating event tickets through Eventbrite or our Website.
- Tracking event results in a spreadsheet and managing an event profit and loss sheet.
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Excellent communication skills and confidence representing Newtown Bookshop within the community and bookselling industry.
- Leadership skills and the ability to manage staff at events.
- Marketing experience including social media experience.
- The ability to juggle and prioritize a large volume of tasks.
- Strong time management skills and a flexible schedule, with the ability to self-motivate.
- The ability to lift 30–40-pound boxes and transport books to offsite events.
This is an hourly part-time position for 10-12 hours/week.
Email your resume to email@example.com